European Regional Development Fund
The Szigetköz-Žitný ostrov region surrounded by the Little Danube on the Slovak side and the Hungarian Moson Danube, containing the largest inland delta in Europe is bound for an intense nature conservation co-operation and for co-ordinated preservation efforts, although the inter-institutional co-operations between nature conservation organisations have only been intensified lately. In order to enhance the joint initiatives to a higher level of co-ordination and to institutionalise the cross-border nature conservation co-operation, the Partners of the previous NAT-NET DUNA/DUNAJ project have decided to realise preparatory activities aiming at the creation of a joint Nature Park in the Szigetköz-Žitný ostrov region, which will be responsible for the co-ordination of nature preservation, environmental education and ecotourism initiatives along the HU-SK border.
The project activities include:
• elaboration of the Environmental Study and the Management Plan of the Nature Park based on several workshops aiming at the involvement of all local stakeholders;
• creation of 3 mobile interactive exhibitions and a mobile lab that will be exhibited in 6 environmental education centres and 30 schools on both sides of the border;
• enhancement of eco-mobility, by developing the already existing eco-mobile fleets of the partners, and the organisation of field programs using these extended fleets;
• organisation of joint environmental education initiatives involving students from Szigetköz and Žitný ostrov, including the organisation of workshops for disabled persons from both sides of the border;
• development of a Geocaching Greenway by placing 20 new geocaching spots and creating a geocaching app including 15 geocaching routes on foot, by bike and by canoe.
In order to contribute to an increased level of cross-border co-operation in the region, the Partners are planning to organise 175 cross-border events actively involving almost 2 500 people from Hungary and Slovakia.
Fertő-Hanság Nemzeti Park Igazgatóság
9435 Sarród, Rév-Kócsagvár
Regionálna rozvojová agentúra Šamorín
93101 Šamorín Hlavná 37
Štátna ochrana prírody Slovenskej republiky
97401 Banská Bystrica Tajovského 28/B
Pisztráng Kör Waldorf Természetvédő és Természetjáró Egyesület
3517 Miskolc, Losonczy u. 64.
Mosonmagyaróvár Város Önkormányzata
9200 Mosonmagyaróvár, Fő utca 11.
Locations of investment