European Regional Development Fund
The cooperation of cross-border settlements in the field of tourism industry
On szeptember 24th, 2020 a press conference was held in Regéc on the cross-border project named Castle to castle. With the participation of project partners, the media representatives were informed about the goals of the project and its contribution to increasing the number of visitors in the region.
The main goal of the project is the reconstruction of cultural heritage sites on the settlements concerned, creating interactive exhibition and leisure spaces, as well as the development of the infrastructure for bicycle tourism in the region.
The main outputs of the project are:
• the authentic reconstruction of the palace wing of the fortress of Regéc
• the development of the castle in Streda nad Bodrogom
• the reconstruction of the fencing of the park near the castle in Veľká Ida
• creating interactive exhibitions in particular historic buildings
• the development of the infrastructure for bicycle tourism
Project end date is expected at the end of 2020.
Project is realized in frames of Interreg V-A Slovakia-Hungary Cooperation Programme. Total project budget is 2 733 242.21 EUR from which 2 323 255.86 EUR is ERDF support.