European Regional Development Fund
The immediate objective of the project was to collect and share knowledge on the processing and utilisation of industrial hemp. Job training, practice-oriented skills development, followed by vocational support and innovative knowledge transfer were carried out in line with the investments and employment opportunities created.
The participants in the job preparation programmes were selected in cooperation with businesses and local authorities, through recruitment events, training and employment information sessions.
The experts involved in the development of the training programme and curriculum were recognised national experts and practitioners in the field.
The training materials were developed on the basis of a common methodological guide in the following subject areas:
The industrial potential of industrial hemp biopolymers and biocomposites and the current technological background of processing
- Processing of hemp for health purposes
- Use of industrial hemp in the construction industry
- Production and potential uses of industrial hemp as a raw material
- Fibre hemp in the textile industry
- The potential industrial uses of industrial hemp (Cannabis sativa L.) in the food and cosmetics industry and the current technological background to its processing.
A training programme and curricula on “Secondary processing of industrial hemp - industrial hemp worker” has been developed in coordination with our partner, Association Velke Kapusany and Surroundings. The translation of the teaching materials into Slovak and their adaptation to the Slovak economic environment was carried out by experts from the Slovak Institute of Vocational and Adult Education.
Related TAPE: https://www.skhu.eu/news/future-in-hemp